1/04/2014

核桃麵包 Walnut Bread




When I was in Taiwan there's a bakery named Johan. My favorite bread there was walnut bread. It was 7 or 8 years ago and I had never thought one day I'll make it myself. Last year during our trip back there, I cannot find this bread anymore. The clerk told me they no longer make this kind of bread.

Fortunately I can still find pictures of it on the internet and try to make it myself. It doesn't look like it perfectly but with the sliced almond and sugar on top, it tastes just as good as it was from Johan.


還在台灣時,我非常喜歡 Johan的核桃麵包,常常買來吃已經是七八年前的事了,當時我也從沒想過有一天我會自己做麵包。去年回台灣時想再去買,店員說這款麵包已經停產好一陣子了。

還好我仍然能在網路上找到一些核桃麵包的照片,然後試著把它做出來。雖然看起來並沒有很像,但是有了上面的杏仁片、砂糖粒,吃起來也是很好吃了!


Walnut Bread (yields 3)

Ingredients:
  • water 170 g, 100F
  • yeast 2.5 g
  • salt 4 g
  • all-purpose flour 228 g
  • walnut 50 g
  • butter, cut into strips
  • sliced almond
  • sugar


Directions:
  1. Mix water, yeast, salt, flour, and walnut to form a wet dough. Cover loosely and let it rise for 2 hrs.
  2. After 1st rise, put it into the fridge for baking it within days, or continue baking it.
  3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scrap the dough onto a floured surface. Quickly shape it into a ball without punching it down. Divide it into 3. Shape each dough into a torpedo. Put them on the sheet and let them rise for 70-90 minutes.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350F. Slash the dough and put on butter strips and sliced almonds. Bake for 22 minutes. (After 22 minutes baking I found the bread was not colored enough, so I switched to broil for 2-3 minutes.)
  5. Remove the bread from oven, sprinkle sugar onto it. Let it cool on a rack.




核桃麵包(3個)

材料:
  • 溫水 170 克,手摸溫溫涼涼的就可以
  • 乾酵母 2.5 克
  • 鹽 4 克
  • 中筋麵粉 228 克
  • 核桃 50 克
  • 無鹽奶油,切成細條狀
  • 杏仁片


做法:
  1. 將水、酵母、鹽、麵粉、核桃混合成團,室溫下靜置 2小時發酵。
  2. 一次發酵之後可以放入冰箱冷藏幾天,或是馬上接著烘烤。
  3. 準備好烤盤,若有需要就鋪上烘焙紙。將麵團刮出到撒了麵粉的桌上,不用壓扁排氣,迅速整成圓形,分成三等份,每份麵團再整成橄欖型(壓扁,上下折進來捏緊)。將麵團放上烤盤靜置二發 70-90分鐘。
  4. 烤箱預熱 350F/180C。麵團表面劃線、放上奶油條和杏仁片,送入烤箱烤 22分鐘。(烤好之後我覺得顏色不夠深,就用上火再烤 2-3三分鐘)
  5. 烘烤完成將麵包取出,表面撒上適量砂糖,放涼。





Pin It

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...